Free ESSAY Writing Practice for UPSC (IAS)-2019
FREE ESSAY WRITING PRACTICE 2019 for upsc ias exam at samveg ias academy dehradun
This is free essay writing practice initiative for IAS Mains-2018.where important essay topic will be posted Fortnightly/weekly.Each essay written by serious candidate will be evaluated and feed back will be given.One model essay answer will be posted from writings of candidates .We will give feedback definitely.
In New Pattern of IAS MAINS exam, the marks allotted for this paper has been increased from 200 to 250.Every Candidate has to attempt Two essay ,one from each section.Essay has to be written in about 1000 words.Each essay carry equal 125 marks .
In an exam where one marks make difference of 10 rank in final list, importance of essay test writing practice increases.It is important as there is so much variation in essay marks.Every candidate in exam hall resolve that before next mains exam he will do sufficient writing practice but due to other assignment he forget it.Even if he remember it,just practice one or two essay. Do writing essay test series will help?Definitely it helps even if question paper is like ias mains 2015.
When you do writing practice ,your mind is prepared for making structure of essay,issues to be discussed ,context ,writing approach etc.you have not to think about this .you are already expert of these things. You have to just think about various related aspect of essay. But whenever you write essay initially you should get checked by some experienced candidate/friends or some teacher at good institute.you should think about whether teacher is checking the write up seriously or not.Expert feedback is very important and it can really improve your marks. 2-3 essay checked thoroughly and if you implemented the feedback,later on you required to just interconnect the issue while writing essay.
- An officer’s trait is to remain ‘anonymous’, ‘faceless’ and neutral- meaning your essay should look like it has been written by a graduate.
- Donot pick up the subject where your idea or thought content is very low If you don’t know the exact answer and you just beat around the bushes and write the garbage stuff to fill up the pages, while this tactic does work in the school and college exams but don’t try it in the ias mains exam essay paper.
- Give a balanced answer With out getting into hero-worship or mud slinging Do not over criticizing Govenrment in the essay
- Do not get personal, Don’t go naming individual politicians –
- everything has to be written in its place 1. Introduction 2. Background / History related 3. Main concept / theory / what the subject is about 4. Current scenario related to it. 5. Good sides 6. Negative sides / obstacles 7. Suggested reforms 8. Conclusion
ESSAY PAPER: : UPSC MAINS 2017
सरल विषय पर भी अच्छा निबंध कैसे पूछा जाय ,यह कोई UPSC से समझे
Kudos to UPSC !
HOW GOOD ESSAY THEY can MAKE FROM SIMPLE TOPIC.
Paper is relatively easier side as very well known topic were asked where student can substantiate their point with proper analysis.
प्रश्न पत्र अपेक्षाकृत आसान है क्योंकि बहुत लोकप्रिय विषय पुछे गये / जहाँ छात्र सही विश्लेषण के साथ अपने बिंदु को सिद्ध कर सकते हैं
UKPCS 2016 ESSAY PAPER
आशा है सब ने अच्छा ही लिखा होगा /
IAS -2016 MAINS ESSAY PAPER
Essay Topic 9 (Ecology and Environment development ): 30thMay, 2016 #iasmain2016 #iasmainsessay #essaywritingpractice
Essay Topic 8 (Political development ): 25thMay, 2016 #iasmain2016 #iasmainsessay #essaywritingpractice
Essay Topic 7 ( social development ): 30th April, 2016 (#IASMAINS2016)
Write an essay in 1000-1200 words
Essay Topic 6 ( polity and development ): 15th April, 2016
Write an essay in 1000-1200 words
Persuasion is often more effective than force?
Essay Topic 5 (India’s economic development): 30th March, 2016
Write an essay in 1000-1200 words
Essay Topic 4 (India’s economic development): 25th March, 2016
Essay Topic 3 (Polity): 15th FEBRUARY, 2016
Essay Topic 2 ( Sustainable Development) : 25th January,2016
Essay Topic 1 (science and technology): 15th January, 2016
some important pointers to remember:
- Always stick to the question asked in the essay. Eg: Here the capitalism question specifically talks about whether or not it can bring inclusive growth, so the answer should be around that too. Don’t start writing about everything you know about capitalism because that wont fetch you marks.
- Include many examples. Specifically pertaining to current events. Try to relate the topic to current events as much as possible. Eg: In the capitalism essay you can write about how PMJDY which is for inclusive growth can be fuelled by Private sector banks or how initiatives like Make In India can provide employment and thus increase the purchasing power of many Indians. NOTE again examples are sticking closely to the question asked.
- Do not write theoretical jargon. Essay is a generalist paper and thus writing theories of economists at length or other subject heavy jargon will not result in good marks. If at some places you want to mention some theorists that is fine as long as you relate them to the essay question and try to explain their theories in as simple language as possible in not more than one to two lines.
- Do not write flowery english. Please remember this paper is for UPSC selection process. It is to understand your analytical skills along with your command over writing but it is no way a test of your english writing capabilities! It is not a test of how literary capable you are. Please refrain from using english words which you wouldn’t otherwise use in everyday language.
- Do not lean on only the positive or the negative! Overall take a balanced stance weighing both sides of the question. Eg. In the essay on capitalism do not write the entire essay with a tone of “yes it can support inclusive growth” or “ no it cannot”! Try to give a critique looking at both sides. A balanced approach would be to say “It seems that capitalism cannot bring inclusive growth because of examples in the past like example 1,2,3 but at the same time it may lead to inclusive growth if example 4,5,6,7 are followed.”
- You may or may not divide the essay in sub headings. In my case, I divided my first essay in various subheadings but in the second one I did not have enough time to do it, so I wrote the entire essay without sub headings. Both worked.
- Underline! This is all about presentation. Notice here in my article I have written certain parts in Bold, the sole intent of this is to make the content easy on the eyes of the reader. Same goes in the exam. Underline your key ideas. But please do not overdo it to the extent that the non underlined parts get highlighted!
- While dealing with philosophical essays topics, please remember that you are attempting an essay in the CS Exam. Even though the topic is philosophical, the essay doesn’t have to be. The essay must still include examples from current developments apt for the topic and you must again try to analyse the topic from both dimensions. Giving philosophical theories or writing a philosophical essay with “literary” worth will still not fetch you marks. Eg: If the essay topic is “Grass is greener on the other side” then you can quote tangible examples with respect to India like the problem of Brain Drain that happens or how the societies in developing nations try to ape the West blindly. Do not instead write the whole essay about how this philosophy affects you individually or what it means to you.