SHIPRA VERMA STRATEGY FOR LOWER PCS EXAM
शालीन स्वभाव की शिप्रा वर्मा ने प्रथम प्रयास में उत्तराखंड लोअर पीसीएस परीक्षा में नायब तहसीलदार के पद पर चयनित हुई है उन्होंने प्रवर पीसीएस मुख्य परीक्षा भी पास की है तथा भविष्य में आईएएस परीक्षा पास करने का भी लक्ष्य है
उन्होंने लोअर पीसीएस की तैयारी में किन किन बिंदुओं ध्यान रखा जाना चाहिए इस विषय पर चर्चा की है भविष्य के लिए संवेग आईएएस उन्हें शुभकामनाएं देता है
Exam Suggestions for Lower PCS
I would like to share my exam experience with all the aspirants aiming to crack state civil services. The level of this exam is quite easy one compared to the upsc. But you should check the upsc pattern as it can give you some insight regarding the current probable questions.
In my case this has particularly been useful. Since year 2016 UPSC has exclusively focused on current affairs and government schemes in prelims. In my mains too i have found considerable questions regarding explanation of important government schemes. So it will be helpful if you keep checking the type of questions asked in exams of UPSC or other state civil services. The questions can in fact come from anywhere but such approach will enable you to think broadly which is a basic requirement of such exams.
Exam tips for prelims
In this exam there was one paper comprising two sections of general studies and general aptitude. The portion comprising Uttarakhand G.K. was significant. It is scoring part as well because most questions are either related to state topograpy, or state facts. The questions based on important personalities too have higher percentage.
For that to solve you need to memorize facts and years correctly. I know that remembering dates and names can be difficult but with constant practice it can be mastered. You can make notes to remember it. Many questions from general sciences and regular G.K. were also there. A thorough study of ncert books will be helpful. In general aptitude just go through the syllabus and practice regularly.
Important points to note:
- While giving prelims do not confuse yourself with options. Tick those first in which you have cent percent surity. Then see other questions with calm mind.
- To master general aptitude section identify your strong and weak areas and then divide focus accordingly. For example, If your reasoning is stronger than calculations then practice to solve reasoning questions in lesser time so that you can have more time to focus on mathematics section during exam.
Exam tips for Mains
The mains examination is very important in terms of ranking and overall selection. As i have stated earlier the weightage of goverment schemes in general studies paper was significant. You need to update yourself with all important goverment schemes of both centre and state governments to master it. The Uttarakhand G.k regarding important places and cultural events along with prominent state personalities was also there. An impressive study about state and current affairs can be very helpful. In essay and drafting paper the translations made important part. In terms of essay also just keep an eye on important state happenings. There is high probablity of getting essay topic on uttarakhand background.
Important points for mains:
- Read newspapers regularly. One hindi and one english daily of your choice can suffice. This can help you getting through translations as by reading same stories in both languages you can improve your skills.
- Mains is all about expressing yourself. So you must know what you want to write and in what way you want to present your answer. Because many aspirants face this problem, they know the answer but cannot write in words. Therefore practice is the key.
- It is good to attempt all answers. Time management is important in this aspect.
- Keep your answers neat and follow the word limit. Good answers will fetch you marks and not the long answers.
- Last but not the least believe in yourself and stay motivated.
Tips for Interview
I have taken interview guidance programme from samveg ias. This programme along with mock interview has been very helpful to me. I got very good marks in interview. The explanation of each and every point of interview by sir is very beneficial. You can get the real feel of interview and can really improve yourself in terms of presentation. The mock interview by sir has helped me in identifying my weaknesses. Overall it enhanced my confidence to face the interview panel.
Important points for interview:
- Be confident and comfortable while answering questions.
- In case you do not know the answer then do not lose confidence because as per my experience they switch to next question immediately giving you chance to answer a new question.
- Whatever view you present just make sure you have proper reason for giving that answer. Keep answers simple and realistic. Avoid being negative.
- Eat and rest properly the day before interview.
-Shipra Verma,NT,Lower PCS 2016